Our client is a well-established public practice accounting firm in Calgary with a deep focus in the owner-manager business space in Canada and the US.
They are looking for a highly motivated US Tax Accountant to join their team. You will be a fully designated CPA with at least 3 years of experience in US Corporate and/or US Personal tax compliance. A US CPA or EA is strongly preferred but not required.
This would be a great opportunity to build on your business advisory skillset. The team is close-knit; working with managers and leadership, you will work together to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities unique to each business.
With ample support and training from established US tax practitioners, you will be responsible for a broad variety of professional responsibilities in the US Tax space including:
- Preparation and review of U.S. Corporate Federal and state income tax compliance including Forms 1120, 1120F, 5471, FBAR FinCen 114, and other related schedules.
- Preparation of U.S. tax provisions as required.
- Engaging in US tax research at the federal and state level. You will have the ability to contribute to drafting memos and performing technical analysis with respect to specific client matters.
- Engaging in special projects as required, such as preparation and review of tax related calculations like E&P, IRC 382, interest deductions, etc.
- Proactively aiding team members on US tax related matters.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact Michelle Hourihan at Mhourihan@klopprichards.com quoting Job Posting 4399.