Our client, located in SE Calgary, is looking for an experienced and detailed Senior Accountant to join their growing team. The role is fully in-office Monday to Friday.
Reporting the the Financial Controller, responsibilities include:
- Maintaining accounting records in a timely manner
- Full-cycle accounting including maintaining the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank and account reconciliations, and month-end closing
- Maintaining fixed asset continuity schedule
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards, regulations, and company policies
- Collaborating with departments to ensure appropriate information gathering and analysis
- Assisting in budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning activities
- Performing regular review of internal controls and implement improvements as needed
- Utilize accounting systems and software to streamline processes to enhance efficiency
- Stay up to date with accounting trends and regulations to ensure compliance
- Perform other financial reporting requirements as needed and other duties as assigned
Experience in Sage is a major asset, and intermediate Excel is required for the position. CPA designation is also considered an asset.
If you are looking for a team where you can continue to grow and advance in your career, this is a great opportunity for you!
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact Michelle Hourihan at Mhourihan@klopprichards.com quoting Job Posting 4410.