Our client, a public practice firm in Ottawa is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team in an in-office capacity.. You will be pursuing or have recently acquired a CPA designation and have several years of experience working in a public practice environment.
You will have the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory services to resolve their day-to-day business issues and to help them achieve long-term success.
The focus of the role will be in the following areas:
- Complete bookkeeping as required
- Review general ledger account activities to ensure account accuracy of financial statements;
- Review and confirm tax assessments and reassessments;
- Research and analyze basic income tax issues;
- Complete Notice to Reader and Review Engagements;
- Prepare accurate and timely personal and corporate tax returns and related schedules;
- Communicate with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) on behalf of clients;
- Keep manager informed on the status of files and issues as required; and,
- Complete additional tasks as required.
- Strong experience in CaseWare, TaxPrep, QuickBooks, and Sage
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Work, Excel)
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and prioritization
- Ability to demonstrate focus, positive attitude, professionalism, strong communication, and teamwork
- Bilingualism is considered a major asset
- CPA (or pursuing)
This is a progressive firm in a time of significant growth, creating opportunities for great accounting talent to join their established team.
For immediate consideration of this exceptional opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job posting #4423
Klopp Richards & Associates would like to thank all applicants in advance for their expressed interest.