Main responsibilities will include the design of tooling to support manufacturing processes, manufacturing layout drawings, and developing manufacturing processes for new products.
You are responsible for the following:
• Research design and development of safe manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods, welding processes and production equipment
• Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of facilities property, buildings, and equipment
• Prepares and maintains work instructions, set up instructions and other related process documentation for shop floor
• Supports and may lead the manufacturing launch of new products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results
• Designs, develops, and tests tooling, machinery, and equipment for the manufacturing of truck bodies and truck mounted equipment using cost analysis to justify
• Drive continuous improvement activities applying Lean tools to achieve cost reduction, quality improvement, efficiency gains and material flow improvements
• Conduct time studies, identify capacity constraints and opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce manufacturing costs
• Provides technical process expertise for plant, equipment, and supplier quality issues
• Prepares cap-ex proposals for new equipment and processes
• Assist quality Engineering in creating quality control plans
Must have qualifications include:
• Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited University or Institute
• Registered as a Professional Engineer or EIT with APEGA
• 5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment
• CAD experience, including layouts and standardized drafting practices (Solidworks is preferred)
• Experience with existing manufacturing technologies including CNC equipment, welding, joining, metalworking, manual assembly, coatings, robotics, and injection molding
• Practical Lean manufacturing experience with proven success using and applying the tools and philosophy
• Ability to plan annual objectives to achieve company’s longer term strategic goals
• Strong project management skill, ability to organize and manage multiple projects
• Creative and innovative thinker
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach
• Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training
• Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
• Strong working knowledge of common software packages (MS Office, Acrobat, etc.)
• High level of personal integrity
• Strong work ethic
• Professional/mature demeanour
Pre-employment screening is mandatory for this client including drug and alcohol testing, criminal, education and credit background checks.
For immediate consideration of this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to Krista at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Klopp Richards & Associates would like to thank all applicants in advance for their expressed interest in this opportunity.