Our client is looking for a Legal Assistant who will independently manage the daily activities of her/his lawyers in their litigation practices. The candidate will have a strong work ethic, be collaborative, professional, adaptable, positive and interested in their work.
If you are someone with:
- A strong client service approach
- Impeccable proofreading and grammar skills
- Organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy when completing tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to be resourceful and work with minimal instruction or supervision
- Being able to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties
- Being proactive and taking initiative in anticipation of next steps.
- Handling all administrative duties such as email and calendar management, coordinating meetings, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system, as well as providing appropriate reminders
- Under legal professional supervision, preparing legal documents and correspondence according to precedents and/or instructions (drafting letters, revising draft documents, and preparing document comparisons)
- Transcribing digital dictation
- Entering time dockets
- Liaising with Billing Coordinators for the monthly production of accounts
- Ensuring all physical and electronic filing is organized and up to date on a regular basis
- Delegating tasks to, and coordinating with, other administrative departments
- Providing backup coverage in the absence of other assistants
- Other duties, as assigned, such as reception coverage from time to time
Hours of work are from 8 am to 4 pm with occasional pre-authorized overtime may be required to meet client needs.
Please send your updated cv to email@example.com if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
Klopp Richards & Associates would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity.